9- Canyon Takamaka
Approach : 15 min
Return : 2h15
Time of descent : 8/9h
From 16 years old
At the heart of one of the most beautiful places of the island, Takamaka is a technical and exposed course that will require a good knowledge of the activity.
This canyon is divided into to parts : the first part is full of verticalities (75m, 120m and the fabulous 70m in the « Mini Trou de Fer »), and a second part that is very aquatic. There are many water movements which means you need to be a good swimmer.
Meeting point and time
The meeting is at 5am at the start of the forest road of Bélouve-Bébour (in the area of Plaine des Palmistes).
Have a look on the map, with which you can prepare your itinerary.
Checklist - what you must bring with you :
– your swimming suit + towel
– a pic-nic and something to nibble on during the return journey
– a bottle of water
– spare clothing
Time of ways
Here are the approximate travel time by car :
– 1h30 drive from Saint Pierre
– 1h15 from Saint Louis
– 1h30 from Saint Leu
– 1h40 from Saint Gilles
– 1h20 from Saint Denis
The price is of 150€/person, including:
– the guiding with a certified instructor
– the professional third party liability insurance of the instructors
– the necessary equipment for the canyoning (neoprene wetsuit and socks, harness, helmet, watertight barrel, canyoning bag, lycras)
– a photographic/video report offered.
Rate group already made up:
From 5 people:140€
Departure guaranteed from 4 registered people.