4- Fleur Jaune Canyon
Canyon close : lack of water
Approach : 5 min
Return : 45 mn
Time of descent : 3h
From 13 years old
Fleur Jaune canyon is one of the most famous of the island for its beauty and it’s verticality : you will go across a succession of basins with turquoise blue water surrounded by big walls that water has beautifully sculpted. All along, you will have an incredible view on the Piton des Neiges.
You need to be in a good physical condition for this canyon and not be scared of heights : 7 abseil-slides including on of 53m, some swimming and a jump (if you feel like it) in some clear water basins.
Meeting point and time
The meeting is at 8am on the car park of Cilaos’ multimedia centre.
Have a look on the map, with which you can prepare your itinerary.
Checklist - what you must bring with you :
– your swimming suit + towel
– a pic-nic and something to nibble on during the return journey
– a bottle of water
– spare clothing
Time of ways
Here are the approximate travel time by car :
– 1h30 drive from Saint Pierre
– 1h from Saint Louis
– 1h40 from Saint Leu
– 1h50 from Saint Gilles
The price is of 65€/person, including:
– the guiding with a certified instructor
– the professional third party liability insurance of the instructors
– the necessary equipment for the canyoning (neoprene wetsuit and socks, harness, helmet, watertight barrel, canyoning bag, lycras)
– a photographic/video report offered.
Rate group already made up:
From 5 people: 60€
Departure guaranteed from 4 registered people.
Carte du lieu de rendez-vous :