7- Bras Rouge Canyon (« uncut version »)
Approach : 30 min
Return : 15 mn
Raide mais court
Time of descent : 4h30
From 13 years old
Same start as Bras Rouge ½ day :
The Bras Rouge canyon is named after its beautiful red colors due to the iron oxide: colored atmosphere guaranteed. You will need to start the day with a steep approach hike, but once this is done, the rest is only enjoyment : a dry abseil of 20m then a 25m one, some jumps (not compulsory) and 4 slides that are rather wet!
After this first part, you will do 1h30 extra, going down the same river, with a big abseil off a 45m bridge, then some more abseils and slides.
Meeting point and time :
We give you the appointment at 7.30am on the carpark of the multimedia hall.
Have a look on the map, with which you can prepare your itinerary.
Checklist - what you must bring with you :
– your swimming suit + towel
– a pic-nic and something to nibble on during the return journey
– a bottle of water
– spare clothing
Time of ways
Here are the approximate travel time by car :
– 1h30 drive from Saint Pierre
– 1h from Saint Louis
– 1h40 from Saint Leu
– 1h50 from Saint Gilles
The price is of 60€/person, including:
– the guiding with a certified instructor
– the professional third party liability insurance of the instructors
– the necessary equipment for the canyoning (neoprene wetsuit and socks, harness, helmet, watertight barrel, canyoning bag, lycras)
– a photographic/video report offered.
Rate group already made up:
From 5 people: 55€
Departure guaranteed from 4 registered people.