5- Grand Galet Canyon
Approach : 20 min
Return : 5 mn
Time of descent : 5h30
From 12 years
Grand Galet canyon starts ahead of the spectacular waterfall : 2 dry abseils to begin the adventure then we head directly to Grand Galet’s waterfall with 2 abseils in mid air followed by a zip-line along the waterfall. After the picnic we will keep discovering this canyon with more slides and jumps, still in Langevin river.
A complete day in a turquoise water for people who are not afraid of heights!
Meeting point and time
The meeting is at 8h30 on the car park which is 200m below the Grand Galet waterfall.
From Saint Joseph, take Langevin and Saint Philippe direction. At the entry of Langevin village,cross the bridge, then first on the left take Grand Galet direction. Continue the road during approximately 15 minutes, the carpark will be on your left.
Checklist - what you must bring with you :
– a swimming suit
– a pic-nic and something to nibble on during the return journey
– spare clothing
– a bottle of water
Time of ways
Here are the approximate travel time by car :
– 50 minutes drive from Saint Pierre
– 1 hour from Saint Louis
– 1 hour 20 from Saint Leu
– 1 hour 40 from Saint Gilles
The price is of 85€/person, including:
– the guiding with a certified instructor
– the professional third party liability insurance of the instructors
– the necessary equipment for the canyoning (neoprene wetsuit and socks, harness, helmet, watertight barrel, canyoning bag, lycras)
– a photographic/video report offered.
Rate group already made up:
From 5 people: 80€
Departure guaranteed from 4 registered people.